Welcome to the latest contest from Before You Invest and the Nova Scotia Securities Commission!
October is Investor Education Month in Canada. We at Before You Invest believe you can never have too much education, and regularly encourage investors to read up on investing and personal finance. Throughout the month of October, we will be awarding readers with great personal finance books, and one lucky reader will win an all new Kindle WiFi e-reader, loaded with our favourite finance books!
How do you enter?
On the blog:
- 1. You may enter by visiting www.beforeyouinvest.ca and commenting on any of the October 2010 blog posts. Please note that your comment must relate to the post content. (Comments subject to moderation, at discretion of the staff of the Nova Scotia Securities Commission.) One entry per person, per blog post will be eligible for the draw.
- 2. You may earn an additional entry to that week’s draw, and the monthly draw, but subscribing to the Before You Invest blog.
- 1. Follow @B4UInvest (www.twitter.com/B4UInvest). We’ll need to be able to direct message for your details if you win so we can send your prize.
- 2. Every weekday, we’ll post a trivia question. The answer to all questions can be found on our website: www.beforeyouinvest.ca, or on links we will provide.
- 3. Tweet your answer (within 140 characters of course) using the hashtags #iemonth #ns. You must use the hashtag to enter the contest. (That’s how we’ll find you.)
- 4. Only one correct entry per Twitter account, per day, will be eligible for the draw.
- 1. Participants can gain an additional entry for the Kindle prize by “liking” Before You Invest on Facebook.
- 2. Once per week, participants can earn an additional entry in the book draws by answering a trivia question we will post on the Before You Invest Facebook page.
The contest will run weekdays, from October 4 to October 29, 2010. One prize package (consisting of two finance books) will be awarded per week in each of the first 4 weeks. All eligible correct answers received will be entered into a random draw. The draw will take place the following Monday, at the office of the Nova Scotia Securities Commission.
The winners will be announced through Twitter, on Facebook and on www.beforeyouinvest.ca.
All eligible entries received between October 4 to October 29 (inclusive) will be entered into the Grand Prize draw for a Kindle Wifi. Draw date will be on November 1, 2010. The winner will be announced on Twitter, Facebook, and on www.beforeyouinvest.ca.
Please read the official Rules and Regulations.