In its ongoing efforts to improve the sport of surfing worldwide, the International Surfing Association (ISA) has partnered with Skullcandy Headphones to host the first-ever ISA Skullcandy Video Contest.
Filmmakers, surfers and fans of surfing around the world are invited to submit videos no longer than 90 seconds that answer the question, “What does a better surfing future mean to you?” Contestants have until March 30 to submit their videos.
More than 50 prizes will be handed out. The top prizes will be awarded for the most-viewed videos and for the best videos as selected by a jury. Each winner will receive $250 USD cash and a $200 Skullcandy prize package.
Contestants must upload their videos via FTP (click here to see FTP instructions).
When the submission period ends on March 30, all videos will be uploaded to YouTube.com. People will then be able to view all the videos from April 1 to May 15. View counts will end on May 15, and on May 30 the winners will be announced.
The jury that will be judging the videos consists of editors of some of the biggest surfing websites in the world:
Dave Gilovich of Surfline.com (North America)
Bruce Boal of SurfersVillage.com (Europe)
Alceu Toledo Junior of Waves.com.br (South America)
Ben Ey of CoastalWatch.com (Oceania)
Steve Pike of Wavescape.co.za (Africa)
February 1 – Submissions period opens.
March 30 – Submissions period ends.
April 1 – All videos uploaded to YouTube.com. Begin counting number of video views.
May 15 – End counting number of video views.
May 30 – Winners announced.
* First 50 Registrants – $30 Skullcandy prize package
* Best Video Gold – $250 USD and $200 Skullcandy prize package
* Best Video Silver – $200 Skullcandy prize package
* Best Video Bronze – $100 Skullcandy prize package
* Best Video Copper – $50 Skullcandy prize package
* Jury’s Selection Gold – $250 USD and $200 Skullcandy prize package
* Jury’s Selection Silver – $200 Skullcandy prize package
* Jury’s Selection Bronze – $100 Skullcandy prize package
* Jury’s Selection Copper – $50 Skullcandy prize package
The ISA is the world governing authority for surfing and is recognized by the International Olympic Committee.