Thursday, May 19, 2016 (Halifax, NS) – Are you looking to connect with your community? Why not consider volunteering on an advisory board or committee of Regional Council.
The Halifax Regional Municipality is encouraging interested residents to submit their application no later than Friday, May 27.
There are currently opportunities to volunteer with:
· The Active Transportation Committee (Representative should be from a group that promotes walkability)
· District 7 & 8 Planning Advisory Committee
· North West Planning Advisory Committee
· Point Pleasant Park Advisory Committee
· Domestic and Feral Cat Advisory Committee (Citizen-at-large who does not have any affiliation with conservation/rescue groups or veterinarians)
· Regional Watersheds Advisory Board (Specifically need representatives from: North West Community Council, academia, and environmental NGO’s or recreation organizations)
For more information on these and other volunteer opportunities, residents can go online or call the Municipal Clerk’s Office at 902-490-4210, any time between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Residents interested in volunteering can apply online. Residents can also complete the online application and email it to email@example.com or send it by regular mail to the Municipal Clerk’s Office, PO Box 1749, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 3A5.
Applicants may submit a resume or other pertinent information along with the completed application form.
Residents should note that all appointments are made in accordance with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council. We appreciate and thank all those interested in serving as a volunteer for the municipality.