Well before life threw me a curve ball I was asked to be part of a team of women here in Canada who tried out Majesta’s new green product line called Treesposible. I have been learning alot and well I will be honest I had used Majesta before and thought they will a middle of the pack brand when it came to paper products. Well besides me there were many other Canadian moms trying out the brand and discussing in a forum many of the ways we can do ” green a bit better”.
Here are some great ways to go “green” and be eco-friendly. My daughter and I do several of these:
- use reusable grocery bags on a regular basis. Do you realize how just doing that one thing helps?
- Watch how much packaging you are bringing home when you buy something new.
- Have you thought of buying second hand.
- If you own your own home. How efficent are those appliances?
- Do your laundry in the off hours.
- Donate old clothes and household items to charity.
- Use an eco friendly water bottle. My daughter and I both have one.
- Water lawns as little as you can.
- Plant a tree.
- Use low watt bulbs.
- Turn off the power when not in use.
These were just some on the list that the moms shared. What are you doing at your house?
Now as a product tester I did receive for free: paper towels, toilet paper and tissue. I had the notion before I began that well it would do a middle of the road job. Glad my notions were put to rest. I gave my daughter’s teacher a box of the tissue. It held up well in her classroom. Another box help up well when used by my sister in her car and well my daughter got a cold and lets just say there is an empty box and no red nose. So the tissue was strong enough and soft enough to do the job. For the paper towel I used it on 2 big jobs: Widows and the oven. Well lets just say I was impressed with the strength and the ability to get the job done. Now I got several rolls of toilet paper and well we even did a test to see how bio degradable the product was. Lets just say this paper product beat out the competition. The toilet paper was soft enough and cleaned well. Some important things to know about the line of products:
- No dyes or fragrances
- Made in Canada
- Whitened without chlorine
- Biodegradable and plumbing-friendly
You can visit Majesta’s web site and tell them what you’ve done to be more Treesponsible. Have you planted a tree lately? How are you going green? You will definitely want to enter the contest too!
* I have been compensated for this post with a Chapter’s Gift Card and product to test.