West Hants District RCMP has charged a man with drug and stolen property offences in Scotch Village.
On June 28, 2022, West Hants District RCMP, assisted by the West Hants RCMP General Investigation Section, executed a search warrant at a property on North River Rd. in Scotch Village. During the search police seized a motorcycle which had been stolen from a property in Windsor in July 2021. No one was located on North River Rd. when the search warrant was executed.
On July 6, the West Hants RCMP General Investigation Section and West Hants RCMP Street Crime Enforcement Unit, conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in Brooklyn. The driver of the vehicle, a 28-year-old man, was safely arrested in relation to the stolen motorcycle investigation. During the arrest, RCMP officers located cocaine, scales and packaging materials.
Leonard Wade Greenough, 28, of Scotch Village, has been charged with the following:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime (2 counts);
- Trafficking in Property Obtained by Crime;
- Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking;
- Possession of Any Thing Intending it to be Used in the Trafficking of a Controlled Substance;
- Failure to Comply with Conditions of an Undertaking;
- Displaying Number Plates Issued for Another Vehicle;
- Driving Motor Vehicle Without Insurance;
- Driving Motor Vehicle While License is Suspended
Greenough was in custody overnight and will appear in Kentville Provincial Court today.