**** RCMP Media Release
Man charged for firearms offences following altercation
Shortly after 7 p.m. on November 4, Halifax District RCMP responded to a man pointing a firearm at other people inside a home on Colby Dr.
RCMP officers located a man matching the description of the suspect on Colby Dr. a short time later. He was arrested and searched, and police found a loaded handgun in his possession, and seized it. Cash and cocaine were also seized. He was transported to cells and held in custody overnight.
Police later determined the incident followed an altercation between the suspect and another man inside the home. They began fighting, and the suspect pulled the handgun out and pointed it at two people.
Wesley Todd Hardiman, 24, of Lower Sackville, is charged with:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Contravening Regulations to Transport a Firearm
- Pointing a Firearm (2 counts)
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
He will be appearing in Dartmouth Provincial Court today.