Police have charged a man with weapons offences in relation to an incident that occurred yesterday in Halifax.
At approximately 3:05 p.m., police responded to a report of a man in possession of a firearm on Hartlen Avenue in Halifax. Officers took a man into custody without incident and seized a loaded handgun.
William Anthony Cohoon 28, of Halifax will appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Use of a firearm in the commission of an offence
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Possession of weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition