Police have charged a Lunenburg County man after a search in Conquerall Bank.
On Friday March 21st, 2014 Members of the South Shore Integrated Street Crime Enforcement Unit along with members of Bridgewater Police Service GIS, Bridgewater Police Service Community Response Unit, South Shore Criminal Intelligence Service, RCMP Police Dog Services and Lunenburg County District RCMP executed a search warrant at a residence on Cove Road in Conquerall Bank.
Police seized a quantity of hydromorphone, cash, other drug related property and several loaded firearms including a sawed off shotgun and three handguns.
Sean Andrew Ivany, 27, was apprehended at the residence on a parole violation warrant. He was remains in custody on authority of the apprehension warrant for parole violations and has been charged with the following offences:
· Possession of Firearms Contrary to Order – Section 117.01(1) Criminal Code X 6
· Careless Use of a Firearm – Section 86 Criminal Code X 6
· Possession of Firearm Knowing it’s Possession is Unauthorized – Section 92 Criminal Code X 6
· Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose – Section 88 Criminal Code X 7
· Unauthorized Possession of Firearm – Section 91 Criminal Code X 5
· Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition – Section 95 Criminal Code X 3
· Tampering with Serial Number – Section 108 Criminal Code X 2
· Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Section 5(2) CDSA
The National Weapons Enforcement Support Team is assisting with the investigation as it relates to the seized firearms.
The investigation is continuing and Sean Ivany will be appearing in Bridgewater Provincial Court at a later date.
A media opportunity will be held at the South Shore Integrated Street Crime Unit office located a 45 Exhibition Drive in Bridgewater at 11:00 a.m.. Bridgewater Police Chief John Collyer and RCMP Cpl. Colin Molinski will be available for interviews.