Update: He has been apprehended.
The Integrated RCMP/HRP Criminal Investigation Division has obtained a warrant for the arrest of a man who has been charged with a number of offences that originated on May 8 in North Preston.
Tyqwan Jacardo Downey, 22, of Dartmouth, has been charged with:
· Attempt Murder
· Break and Enter
· Pointing a Firearm
· Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
· Using a Firearm in the Commission of an Offence
· Careless Use of a Firearm
· Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
· Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
· Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
Downey is described as a black male, 5-foot-7 and 175 lbs. He has black hair and brown eyes. Police have made several attempts to locate Downey, however are requesting assistance from the public.
Members of the public are asked to not approach Downey if he is located, and call police. The Integrated RCMP/HRP Criminal Investigation Division is asking anyone with information on the whereabouts of Tyqwan Jacardo Downey to contact them at 902-490-5020. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers toll free at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477), submit a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca, or use the P3 Tips App.