I am a Netflix binge watcher, it’s true. That’s no surprise to you though, is it? I’ve admitted it before. So I thought I’d let you know what my picks are for my top 10 favourite shows on Netflix that you too can start bingeing on right now!
In no particular order…
- Friday Night Lights – I am not a football fan but I am a big fan of this show.
- It’s where I first fell in love with Coach Taylor. When the show ended, I went into mourning. I often wonder what Tim Riggins and the boys are up to now. I need help!
- Homeland – not my typical choice of a series. Terrorism, war, spies… usually I leave those shows up to my husband. But not this one! Claire Danes and Damian Lewis are amazing in this show.
- Grace and Frankie – I enjoyed the eclectic cast of characters in this series. Each episode is short but funny. I hope it comes back for another season.
- House of Cards – I do love me a good political drama and this series does not disappoint. Francis J. Underwood is devious and I love it. I can’t wait for its return!
- Bloodline – Coach Taylor (also known as Kyle Chandler) is back. Not as Coach Taylor but still, enough said. Florida, family drama, Coach Taylor… yup, I’m all in.
- Orange is the New Black – the girls are back for a new season and although I haven’t gotten through the entire new season, I do like this series.
- Heartland – I do love this classic Canadian series. My girls and I are watching it and still have several seasons to go but it’s a nice bonding show for us.
- Full House – honestly, this is not my fave series (I lived through it the first time around, I don’t need to watch it again)! My 9-year-old daughter insisted I include it since she’s obsessed with the show and is now on Season 8 (it was a long, cold summer) and is looking forward the Fuller House.
- Pretty Little Liars – Yes, it does drag on. Yes, it has chewed up a lot of hours of my life. But… I did watch them all… all 120 episodes.
- The Big C – this was one of the first series I watched on Netflix and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately, it’s not on Netflix anymore but maybe you can find it somewhere else. It’s worth looking for it!
So, those are my faves. What’s up next? I’m toying with the idea of Downton Abbey or The Fosters. But first I have to get my life organized again with back to school and end of summer. After that? Let the bingeing begin!
If you’re looking for something new to watch on Netflix with the whole family, here are some of the new titles you can find on there this September. Happy bingeing or binging, however you choose to spell it!
PS – Don’t forget the wine. Wine makes every show better!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Netflix Canada #StreamTeam. All opinions and views expressed are my own.