I have recently received a Maybelline EyeStudio kit to test out which comes with the Color Pearls Marbleized Eye Shadows, Ready To Wear Colour Palettes, Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner and XXL Pro Mascaras. I am not a makeup artist, so the looks I am going to do with this kit are not perfect. They are for fun and personal learning experience, and I hope to hear your feedbacks.
This is the first look I did as a test run with the kit.
What I used from Maybelline:
– Color Pearls Marbelized Eyeshadow in Navy Narcissist.
The shadow was broken during transit. It has a dome, so I can’t repress it, but I refused to let it go and would use it as much as I can.
– Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black
– XXL Pro Curl Mascara.
– Camellia Rose Skin Smoothing Primer
– The She Space Nude Primer (for the lids)
– Cover Girl Invisible Concealer
– Annabelle Smudgeliner in Oh My Goth (for the lower lash line)
– Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation
– Clinique Powder Blush in Breathless Berry
– Annabelle Le Gloss Stick in Red Rage.
The darker navy side was to darken the crease and outer corners, blended in with the baby blue in the mid lids. The 2 colours coordinated really well for this look. Transformation to a smokey eye look could be done very quickly with some extra black on the crease, or with a black/ dark base underneath the blues.
I was sitting in the sun when the picture was taken, so it casted a shadow below my eyes. The blues also appeared a little less vibrant for the same reason. They are beautiful IRL.
All in all, I am happy with this look. I didn’t start seriously playing with makeup until last year, so for a newbie, I hope I didn’t do too badly.
Have a great day, ladies.