New datasets are being made available through the provincial government’s open data portal today, Nov. 5.
Nova Scotians will have access to new information on topics such as aquaculture production and employment, fish purchasing, settlement services for new immigrants and more data on funding programs, permits and ecological land classification.
The information in easy to work with formats is available at data.novascotia.ca. It is being released so people can use it to create new opportunities.
The new datasets being released include:
- grants, awards and program costs by year for Arts Nova Scotia
- statistics on referrals, investigations and founded cases under the Protection of Persons in Care Act
- listings of licensed food establishments and abattoirs
- statistics on aquaculture production and employment
- details on fish purchases by licensed buyers
- information on the drugs and devices that are benefits under Pharmacare programs
- a directory and map of immigrant settlement service providers
- funding for approved emergency service providers
- public opinion research data
Since its launch in February 2016, the open data portal has received more than 770,000 page views and 46,000 downloads.