Halifax Regional Police is advising the public of a rash of property damage incidents involving vehicles in the south end of Halifax.
Police have received nine reports of property damage incidents where the windows of vehicles were smashed out, usually in the overnight hours. These incidents occurred between April 29 – July11 in the following areas:
• April 29: 6200 block of South Street, overnight
• May 1: 1500 block of Oxford Street, overnight
• May 9: College and Carlton Streets, morning
• May 20: 1700 block of Oxford Street, overnight
• June 7: 800 block of Young Avenue, afternoon
• June 12: 5000 block of Tobin Street, overnight
• July 2: 6000 block of Waegwoltic Avenue, overnight
• July 9: 1500 block of Lemarchant Street, overnight (picture attached of a man seen running from the area)
• July 11: 1100 block of Tower Road, afternoon (man was seen walking away from area of this incident, described as possibly Asian or Aboriginal, approximately 20 years old, 5’5”, and wearing a grey hoodie)
Investigators have provided a picture of a potential suspect in at least one of the incidents and are exploring the possibility that these incidents may be connected. If you recognize this man or have any information, please call 902-490-5016. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or texting a tip – Tip 202 + your message to 274637.
If you observe suspicious activity in your neighborhood, report it to police immediately. Try to get a good description of the person including height, weight, clothing and other details. If a vehicle is parked nearby, try to take note of the license plate number and the make and model of the vehicle.
Source: Media Release