It was impromptu. but impromperfection. Ever since our fabulous out of town blogger buddies came to visit for thanksgiving and we had a daquiri and cheese nibbler night at Farm Girl’s house, I have not been able to get the yummy thought of the cranberry goat cheese outta my head! I picked up a package a while ago trying to figure out how I wanted to work it in a recipe, while leaving some for a treat on crackers for another night.
I had fresh chicken ready to use, then it dawned on me that poultry and cranberry are a match made in heaven! And, well, cheese is pretty much a match for anything, so low and behold, I decided to stuff up my chicken with it!
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (or turkey)
- cranberry goat cheese (15g per breast)
- egg whites
- Panko crumbs or whole wheat bread crumbs
- Epicure roasted red pepper dip mix (or any kind you want) for some “flava”
1. Cut a little slit in the breast
2. Measure out 15g of goat cheese per chicken breast and stuff it inside the slit:
3. Tie it up with cooking twine or these super cool silicone elastics and dredge in egg whites and coat all sides:
4. Add the Epicure dip mix to the Panko crumbs + S&P:
Tip: I bet you could use summer savory instead and have an excellent festive flavour combo too!!
5. Coat all sides of the chicken breast to cover
6. Bake at around 425 until cooked:
7. YUMO for 6 POINTS (depending on the size of your breasts :-P)