The Halifax Regional Municipality is asking residents to refrain from parking tonight on select streets in downtown Halifax and Dartmouth to assist with targeted snow clearing efforts.
Late this evening and throughout the night snow removal will take place on the following streets:
- Carmichael Street (Brunswick to Argyle streets)
- Argyle Street (Carmichael to Prince streets)
- Prince Street (Barrington to Brunswick streets)
- Sackville Street (Brunswick to Barrington streets)
- Blowers Street (Granville to Market streets)
- Windsor Street (Connaught Avenue to Quinpool Road)
- Ahern Avenue (Bell Road to Cogswell Street)
- Trollope Street (Cogswell Street to Bell Road)
- Bell Road (Robie to Sackville streets)
- South Park Street (Sackville to Morris streets)
- Portland Street (Alderney Drive to Victoria Road)
- Queen Street (Alderney Drive to Victoria Road)
As done in previous years, targeted snow clearing will periodically take place overnight in the days following weather events. Removing the snow from these areas will help maintain parking in the business districts and ensure emergency vehicles, buses and other traffic can safely access the streets throughout the winter.
Residents are reminded that under Section 139 of the Motor Vehicle Act, vehicles can be ticketed and towed any time of the day or night if they are obstructing snow clearing.
Please note the municipal overnight winter parking ban has been lifted until further notice.
The municipality appreciates your cooperation while this work is completed.
For more information on municipal winter operations, visit www.halifax.ca/snow.
Source : Media Release