Five residents of a home in Cole Harbour are facing numerous weapons and drug-related charges after police executed a search warrant at a residence in Cole Harbour early Thursday morning.
During the search police located an AR 15 assault rifle, a 12 gauge shotgun, two .22 hand guns and a SKS 7.56 mm rifle. All but one of these firearms were found to be loaded with ammunition. Also found during the search was a large quantity of cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana and cash.
Basil “Philip” Colley, 66, Stephanie Lynn Colley, 41, Olivia Colley, 19, and two male youths, ages 17 and 15 have each been charged with:
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Cocaine
- Careless Storage of a Firearm (4 counts)
- Unsafe Storage contrary to regulations (4 counts)
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (5 counts)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device (3 counts)
- Possession of a Firearm knowing it’s Unauthorized (5 counts)
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition (2 counts) – hand guns
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Tampering with a Serial Number
The 17-year old youth has also been charged with five counts of Possession of Weapons Contrary to a Prohibition Order.
All of the accused appeared in Dartmouth Provincial Court late Thursday afternoon. The 17-year-old youth and Olivia Colley were remanded until February 13. Philip Colley and Stephanie Colley were released on conditions and also return to court on February 13. The 15-year-old youth was also released on conditions and returns to court on March 2.
Police were assisted by the RCMP Emergency Response Team during the search. The investigation is ongoing and is being led by the Halifax Integrated Special Enforcement Section.
Source: Media Release