Late Friday evening police responded to a robbery on South Park Street near Spring Garden Road where the suspect was located, arrested and held for court this morning.
At approximately 10:30 p.m. on Friday July 27, officers responded to a report of a robbery that had occurred on South Park Street near Spring Garden Road. The suspect produced a knife and left the area after taking a bag of food from the victim. While enroute to the area officers received a call of a separate assault involving a man matching the description of the robbery. Officers located and arrested a man in the area several minutes later.
As a result of the investigation of these two incidents 20-year-old Diondre Montrell Beals of Dartmouth was charged with the following offences and will appear in Halifax Provincial Court this morning:
- Robbery contrary to section 344 of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a weapon dangerous contrary to section 88(1) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a concealed weapon contrary to section 90 of the Criminal Code
- 6 counts of breach of undertaking contrary to section 145(5.1) of the Criminal Code
- 6 counts of breach of an undertaking to a justice contrary to section 145(3) of the Criminal Code
- Assault contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code
- Property Damage contrary to section 430(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
Source : Media Release