**** HRP Media Release
Police have charged a man for multiple incidents that occurred in Dartmouth yesterday.
At approximately 12:05 p.m. police were called to the intersection of Woodland Avenue and Micmac Boulevard in Dartmouth for a report of an assault. A 56-year-old Dartmouth man was crossing Woodland Avenue when he was struck from behind by a man who was not known to him. When a bystander intervened, the man produced a knife, fled to a waiting vehicle and left the area.
A vehicle matching the description from the earlier incident was traveling south on Victoria Road when it struck a vehicle in front of it. The driver didn’t stop and fled the area. There were no injuries reported.
At approximately 1 p.m. a man fitting the description from the earlier incident entered Crescent Gold and Diamonds at 21 Micmac Boulevard. The man asked to see a piece of jewelry and then fled the store with it. When a security officer attempted to stop them the suspect produced a knife and continued to flee.
The suspect was arrested a short time later in the area by patrol members and the East Divisional Commander. A K9 team conducted a track and located the stolen jewelry he stole.
Police have charged 35-year-old Morris James Lanceleve of Musquodoboit Harbour and he is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face the following charges:
- Robbery contrary to section 343 (d) CC
- Assault contrary to section 266 CC
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose contrary to section 88(1) CC (X2)
- Refusal contrary to section 320.15 CC
- Dangerous Operation of a conveyance contrary to section 320.13(1) CC
- Failure to remain contrary to section 320.16(1) CC
- Theft under $5000 contrary to section 334(b)
- Possession Under $5000 contrary to section 355(b) CC
- Breach of probation contrary to section 733.1(1)(a) CC (X3)