**** HRP Media Release
Police charge man for stabbing in Halifax
Police have charged a man for a stabbing that occurred Monday night in Halifax.
On September 10 at approximately 9 a.m. police received a report of suspicious circumstances in the 2100 block of Gottingen Street in Halifax. Security at the location had located what they believed to be blood that was from an altercation the previous evening.
The investigation provided there had been an altercation between three men believed to be known to each other. The altercation escalated and one of the men was stabbed by another. All three parties then fled the area on foot. Police were able to identify and locate the men involved in the incident. The victim, a 32-year-old Halifax man, suffered non-life-threatening injuries to his hand.
The suspect had been arrested on an unrelated matter and was being held at police headquarters at 1975 Gottingen Street in Halifax.
Brian Stanley Knowles, 43, of Halifax is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Assault with a weapon contrary to Section 267(a) of the criminal code.
- Assault causing bodily harm contrary to Section 267(b) of the criminal code.
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose contrary to Section 88(1) of the criminal code.
- Carrying concealed weapon contrary to Section 90(1) of the criminal code.
- Breach of recognizance contrary to Section 145(3) of the criminal code. (x3)