On November 11, at approximately 2:30 p.m., RCMP officers responded to a report of a stranded vehicle in Parrsboro.
Officers learned the car, a Kia Forte, had been stuck on a remote trail since the previous Thursday night.
At 4:42 p.m., with the use of an RCMP 4×4 and assistance from RCMP Air Services, officers located the Kia, which had three mangled tires, on a rough trail near Harrison Settlement Road.
The Kia’s two occupants were found safe inside the car.
If heading out on a road journey, the RCMP reminds motorists to:
- Inform others of their intended route
- Carry a charged cell phone and/or phone charger
- Assemble an emergency kit
- Be prepared for weather conditions
- Not exceed the limitations of their vehicle or driving skills