Alright, here’s my “retail therapy” de-stressing haul last weekend, lol, as promised.
I have been waiting for a 40% off sale for Quo at Shoppers for a while, had some items in mind from their spring release.
I grabbed the Quo Bamboo brush set first thing. This is the newest brush set they come out with since the holiday collection. And… mwahahaha… it’s finally mine!
Comes in the paper box is a pouch/ brush roll and 4 dual-ended brushes, reg. CAD40:
– Power/ Angled Blush brush
– Spot Concealer/ Concealer brush
– Blending/ Fine Point Liner brush, and
– Angled Brow brush/ Brow spoolie.
I am most excited about the Spot Concealer brush. Lately I have been using Vichy Dermablend Corrective foundation as spot concealer, with a regular small concealer brush. I need an extra brush to rotate so I don’t have to wait after one is washed.
Other items I picked up with the sale:
– Quo Smokey Eyeshadow palette #1 – blue theme, reg. CAD25. I also wanted the bronze palette but it was out of stock
– Quo Electric Eyes Pencil crayon in Spark, reg. CAD12. It’s white with multi chrome sheen, mostly blue and silver, very pretty
– Quo 360o mascara, reg. CAD15. Interesting brush
– Quo Bronzing Powder brush with hot pink handle, reg. CAD22. Quo was smart bringing out some colour options for the brush handles. They are certainly more fun than the traditional grey. I want to use this as a stippling brush for foundation, hope it works out.
And last stop at the mall was The Body Shop. They ran the 3 for CAD30 sale for everything in store, except makeup and gift sets. I figured it was the best time to grab fragrances, as they are normally not cheap.
I got 2 bottles of the Dreams Unlimited EDP (50ml, reg. CAD32 each), and a bottle of Love Etc. EDP (50ml, reg. CAD29.50). With the LYB discount, I paid CAD9 each, not bad.
I also got 2 big candles from Bath & Body Works, on sale 2 for CAD25. Liked some new summer scents they have right now. Also Pocket Pacs are 5 for CAD5, good time to stock up.
One good thing I did this week was finally booking our flights to go see the bf. I’ve been stalking the airline websites like a hawk, wondering when it is a good time to snatch good seat sale. The plan for IMATS NY is crushed, but maybe IMATS LA, just maybe