Halifax District RCMP has charged a 45-year-old Dartmouth man with multiple weapon and threat-related offences after he pointed a gun at police Sunday.
At approximately 11:30 p.m. Sunday, Halifax District RCMP responded to a report of a man making death threats toward another person in Lower Sackville. Officers located the man at a Dartmouth home and upon arrival, the suspect pointed a handgun at officers. RCMP, with assistance from Halifax Regional Police quickly took 45-year-old Paul Connolly into custody without incident. No one was injured.
Paul Edward Connolly has been charged with the following offences:
- Two counts of Uttering Death Threats
- Pointing a Firearm
- Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to the Public
- Two counts of Possession of a Firearm Knowing it is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
- Assault with a Weapon
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm
- Two counts of Possession of a Weapon Obtained by an Offence
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
Paul Connolly will appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court on March 23, 2016.
Source: Media Release