With the Labour Day Weekend marking the unofficial end of summer, the RCMP expects a high volume of traffic to be travelling provincial roads and highways this weekend.
As part of the RCMP’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety of the province’s highways, Mounties across Nova Scotia will be educating drivers on the importance of safe driving behaviour, and will be conducting enforcement activities with emphasis on speeding, and seat belt and cellphone usage.
The RCMP is asking drivers to:
– Reduce their speed;
– Maintain a safe following distance;
– Always be on the look out for potential hazards;
– Keep their eyes on the road and avoid distractions;
– Wear their seat beat;
– Don’t drink and drive;
– Don’t use a cell phone while driving; and
– Share the road. Watch out for motorcycles and cyclists.