- Have an emergency kit ready with flashlights, a battery-operated radio and fresh water
- Ensure backup generators are installed by a qualified electrician
- Keep portable heaters away from curtains or other flammable materials
- If you rely on well water, fill your bathtub with water and have a bucket handy to use to flush your toilet
- Charge all cell phones, devices and battery packs
- If you lose power, turn off and unplug electrical equipment, such as TVs, DVD players, computers and tablets
- To find out information about outages and estimated restoration times, customers can visit our outage map www.nspower.ca/outages, or call our outage information line 1-877-428-6004. Local radio stations often provide updated local reports as well. Estimated restoration times are based on our best estimates; some individual outages may last longer, or be restored more quickly depending on the damage and road conditions.
HALIFAX, NS – Nova Scotia Power is preparing for a severe storm that’s expected to bring heavy snowfall and high winds to Nova Scotia overnight and through Tuesday, and is encouraging customers to be prepared, as well. Outages will likely be caused by snow and ice buildup on electrical equipment and high winds causing trees or branches to fall onto power lines.
In preparation for the storm, Nova Scotia Power has a full complement of crews, as well as additional contract crews, on standby across the province. They will be ready to respond as needed to restore power to our customers safely and as quickly as possible.
As the storm proceeds through Tuesday, un-cleared roads may make some damaged areas inaccessible, and high winds may make it unsafe for our crews to go up in bucket lifts, so we urge our customers to be prepared. If your power goes out, it is possible that it may not be restored until Wednesday, or later.
Customers can prepare by following these storm preparation tips:
More information on being prepared for potential power outages is available at www.nspower.ca/stormready.
You might also like...
**** JUSTICE Media Release Online Survey Now Open on Division of Property ————————————————————— Government is inviting...
Operation Lifesaver exercise in Dartmouth tests the capabilities of the Project Lifesaver team and the Remote Rescue team
Operation Lifesaver exercise in Dartmouth tests the capabilities of the Project Lifesaver team and the...