4:59 am - Monday, February 17 2020
Home / News / Halifax Retales / ReTales April 20: Grilled Cheese, Froyo, Brunswick St and Big Eyes

 

halifax.retales.ca_wp-content_uploads_2014_04_logo

ReTales April 20: Grilled Cheese, Froyo, Brunswick St and Big Eyes

The PetSmart in Dartmouth Crossing opened on Monday, the Grand opening will be on the 26th, and their neighbour Marshalls will be opening their first Atlantic Canadian store at 8am on the 24th.

The First 300 customers to Marshalls get a at $10 Gift Card.

Why have one grilled cheese truck when there can be two? A few weeks ago it was uncovered that Halifax Press Grilled Cheese would be hitting the road soon, but now Cheese Gypsy is also entering the fray.  logoCheck them both out www.halifaxpressgc.com & www.cheesegypsy.ca, I welcome this trend.

Speaking of trends, Menchies Frozen Yogurt opened on Barrington this week across from Grand Parade, and this isn’t the end of the Froyo with Bedford, Sackville, Dartmouth all having ones on the way.

A new gaming cafe is about to come to North End Halifax the end unit on Robie at the corner of Young is papered up with just the hashtag #hfxgamecafe.

Big Erics Restaurant Supply will be moving out of their Lady Hammond Rd location and into shiny new digs on John Savage in Burnside this fall.

An Anime/Manga shop is opening on Barrington; Hibiki to open on Barrington will be bringing lots of big eyes to us later this summer.

Resto Dining in Bedford is taking half their space and turning it into a Bridal Boutique.

Brunswick St is being blocked off for new development between Duke and Cogswell; brunswickalso across the street the Homewood Suites is accepting room reservations for May 22, while the Hampton Inn will be taking reservations June 22.

Journeys will open another Halifax store this fall when they move into Halifax Shopping Centre.

Layla Seafood and Mediterranean Food, is now open on Parkland in Clayton Park where a few things before it have failed most recently. Though that strip mall does also host, what many consider the best Chinese (9+Nine) and the best Japanese (Tako) restaurants around.

DSW has purchased 44% of  Town Shoes, The Shoe Company’s parent. Look for DSW stores in Canada over the next 2 years. The deal also allows DSW to purchase the remaining 56% of the company in 3 years.

This week I also went off tangent on the blog, there was quick uproar about the new Halifax logo, though most did not read the etire branding presentation. It did illustrate that people want better for our city but want nothing to change, which prompted me to make this.
HGH

I also compared how our local media is doing on Social Media
mediacount 2

 

 

 

 

About Arthur Gaudreau

ReTales is a tracker of the going on of the Halifax Regional Municipality retail and restaurant scene, while there will be a focus on local operators, the big box and shopping centre areas will be represented as well. ReTales will also have some out of town content as well where applicable. The information comes from various news sources and observation around town. If you are business and you want to announce a new location a move or a renovation feel free to drop a line. ReTales is also pursuant to the improvement of the city to make a lively beautiful community we can all love an enjoy.

 

The views and opinions expressed in this content are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of haligonia.ca.

http://halifax.retales.ca

You might also like...

digest

A Few Goodbyes

  Curio Art Market, a popup of local crafts and entrepreneurs, as opened behind Lululemon on Spring Garden until Christmas Pizza 4 U on the Bedford Hwy, now has a sign up saying Korean Restaurant opening soon. So, Food Wolf has howled for the...

digest

Gangnam, Frites, Drones, Wings and Timelapse

Spring Garden Road says goodbye to Pizza Delight on tonight That will leave Bayers Lake as the last standing Pizza Delight in HRM. Kings Wharf officially announces “The Maristella” 36 storeys The first 11 will be a hotel (great for DT...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *