With the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, it is easy to forget about vehicle safety. Keep in mind these simple tips to help keep your vehicle from being a target of crime. Remember, vehicle break-ins are a crime of opportunity. Take the steps to keep your Christmas treasure safe.
– Always lock all windows and doors
– Remove all valuables from your vehicle before exiting; this includes GPS systems, cell phones, MP3 players and any other electronic devices
– Park in well-lit locations and avoid isolated areas
– Never leave your vehicle running unattended
– Install an alarm system with a kill-switch
– Keep all gifts out of sight, and secure purchases in the trunk
– It is the vehicle owners responsibility to secure the vehicle