I love someecards.com, somehow they always know how to express the sarcasm I’m feeling.
We are t-minus two days to BACK TO SCHOOL! And I’m so looking forward to it for several reasons:
Despite what the above card says, I don’t get to do whatever I want at home all day. I’m a work-at-home Mom, so I devote 30 some hours a week to my job job (the one that pays me). This summer, I spent those hours working in a trailer… camping… with two kids. Yes, I’m lucky that I get to do this. Yes, we are camped on the most beautiful island and lake in the world. But come on, IT RAINED FOR A MONTH STRAIGHT. Or at least that’s how I remember it. Then when the beautiful weather finally came, my kids wanted to hang at the beach all afternoon while I sat in the trailer and worked. Thankfully, I have great friends who volunteer to watch my
animals kids while they are swimming.
2. Routine. We are in desperate need of a solid routine again. I say this, even though I despise routine. But at this point in the summer, I’m craving it like I’m craving stew and chilli and anything that has zero trace of bbq.
3. Netflix. My family suffers from an extreme addiction to Netflix. I know, this is my fault. I am a Netflix #StreamTeam member and they send me lots of cool stuff about new shows they are launching (Thank you!). So really, it’s my job to watch Netflix (and I owe them a few posts about great shows so I better get to work). But it’s time to bury our faces in books, not tv.
4. Speaking of books. I have also developed an addiction to Kristen Hannah books. And just like Netflix, I’m a binger. I binge read. I start a book and can’t put it down even if it’s 2 am and I know that I have only a few hours to sleep. Self control is an issue with me, I know, but reading is good for you right? Well except for the lack of sleep, the eye strain and the money I have forked over for my iBooks. I did sign up for OverDrive to read library books digitally, but COME ON, you have to wait for them to become available? Um, hello, have I mentioned my self control issue!!!
5. Speaking of self control… wine, food… it was a great summer for those indulgences. Now it’s time to get back to healthy living (after a 6 year hiatus, ha)! I ordered a new Beachbody program, Cize, so I’m looking forward to dancing my way to a better bod. Don’t talk about the wine. One thing at a time!
6. New beginnings. This year is a bit calmer than the start of school last year. My girls are not starting at new schools, we’re not new to the area, they are going to school knowing they have friends there waiting for them. Phew. There is a LOT less pressure this year. Although, I’m starting back to school next week as well and I’m having serious doubts about that… shhh, don’t tell my kids. More on that in the days to come.
7. I blogged. Hey, back to school gave me something to blog about! I know it’s been a while (I had trouble remembering my password to login) and I’m sorry but writing just hasn’t come easily lately. Hopefully I’m back on track. I love this blog and I want to keep going, I don’t want it to stress me out as it has been in the last few months. I want to have fun writing again. I want to make you laugh, heck, I want to laugh more.
So here’s to the start of a new month, a new school year and a new attitude. I see some Mommyjuice in my future to deal with all this newness. Some things never change. CHEERS!