The Halifax Regional Municipality is advising residents that several comfort centres have now re-opened in select areas across the municipality.
If residents are still without power, comfort centres offer an opportunity to stay warm and charge mobile devices. If you have the option to stay with friends or family, please do so to allow more space for those in need.
Comfort centre locations are as follows:
· Sheet Harbour Legion in Watt Section, 23566 Highway 7 – Open until 10 p.m.
· Moser River Community Centre, 28975 Highway 7 – Open until 10 p.m.
· Gaetz Brook Royal Canadian Legion, 6644 Nova Scotia Trunk 7, Gaetz Brook – Open 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
· Musquodoboit Harbour Community Centre Rink, 67 Park Rd. – Open 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
· Station 26, 51 Old Trunk Road, Oyster Pond – Open 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
· Prospect Road Community Centre, 2141 Prospect Rd, Hatchet Lake – Open (will remain open as needed)
· St. Margaret’s Bay Road Community Centre, 1492 St. Margaret’s Bay Rd. –Open (will remain open as needed)
· Canada Games Centre, 26 Thomas Raddall Dr. – Open (will remain open as needed)
For all service updates, please visit ourwebsite and follow @hfxgov on Twitter. For other outstanding questions, residents can call 311.
Source: Media Release