Late this afternoon, the NS Medical Examiner’s Office provided HRP with results of autopsies conducted into the cause of death of this man and woman. The cause of death has been determined to be accidental as a result of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. HRP has concluded its investigation into this matter.
Deputy Fire Chief Roy Hollett of the Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency Services reminds homeowners that it is important to have a carbon monoxide detectors in the home.
Our Thoughts are with the family and friends of this couple at this difficult time.
Police are exploring the circumstances surrounding two sudden deaths that occurred early this morning in Dartmouth.
At approximately 8:37 a.m. on January 27, officers responded to Marilyn Drive to assist EHS with a medical-related emergency. A man and a woman, believed to be in their fifties, were pronounced deceased at the scene. The residence is a duplex and the neighbours were evacuated as a precaution.
At this time, there is no evidence to suggest foul play and it may be accidental, however, it is early in the investigation. Officers in the Forensic Identification Section are at the scene with the Medical Examiner’s Office as well as the Department of Labour and Advanced Education to explore the circumstances surrounding the couple’s death. The investigation is on-going.
Source: Media Release