For the longest time I’ve wanted to do some kind of crazy mud run type race but I’ve never lived in a city that hosts one or is even really close to one. It’s been something that’s been on my bucket list (I really hate that term! What else can I call it?) for a while so this year I finally commited to one! The closest race to me is 2,500km away, but I don’t care! I’m sucking it up and travelling to Vancouver for the Warrior Dash. And what makes this even better is that I somehow convinced the missus to sign up and do it with me. She must really love me. Or simply be as nuts as I am. Either way, we’re going to have a blast.
Don’t know what the Warrior Dash is? Check out the course.
I’m so freakin’ excited to do this! It’s the first weekend of August and we’re flying down to Vancouver and we’re going to be doing the dash of warriors. We’re trying to get some of our friends that live in Vancouver to do it with us, but so far I’ve had no luck as they all seem to be a bunch of wusses. Yeah that’s right! I know you’re reading this. YOU’RE A WUSS!
Althoguh, if you read the first 10 points in their waiver, you can see why they may be a wuss. But that’s still NO EXCUSE!
Warrior Dash* Waiver and Release of Claims, Assumption of Risk and Warning of Risk
- I understand that entering Warrior Dash is a hazardous activity.
- I understand that Warrior Dash presents extreme obstacles including, but not limited to, fire, mud pits and steep hills.
- I agree not to participate unless I am medically able.
- I agree to not consume alcohol prior to Warrior Dash or ingest any medicines or substances that will inhibit my mental or physical ability to safely and effectively participate in Warrior Dash.
- I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the race.
- I agree to obey all civil and criminal laws at all times.
- I assume all risks associated with competing in Warrior Dash, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, negligent or wanton acts of other participants, completing all obstacles, defects or condition of premises, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, all such risks being known and appreciated by me.
- I agree that Red Frog Events is not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost or stolen in the gear check area.
- I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate. This Release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
- I understand and will abide by the rule that no wheeled baby conveyances or other wheeled means of conveyance, or pets are permitted in the race.
So, my flights are booked. My hotel is booked. Our car is rented. And we’re ready to go. If I have the chance to get a GoPro video camera before the race, I promise you I’ll wear it and record the whole thing for your viewing pleasure.
Have you done a mud run or extreme race? Would you ever? Want to join me? DO IT!