Outstanding Comedy Series
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Modern Family
- The Office
- 30 Rock
- Nurse Jackie
Even though I don’t watch it, I wouldn’t mind seeing newcomer Modern Family win in this category. I’ll be rooting for Glee, which had a hard time fitting into either the comedy or drama category.
Lead Actor in a Comedy
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm)
- Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
- Steve Carell (The Office)
- Matthew Morrison (Glee)
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory)
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock)
This one usually goes to Alec Baldwin, but I’d love to see Jim Parsons win. He practically carried The Big Bang Theory this season and is absolutely hilarious as Sheldon Cooper. I love Matthew Morrison, and I know it was difficult to decide if Glee should compete as a comedy or a drama, but I just don’t find him that funny.
Lead Actress in a Comedy
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation)
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (The New Adventures of Old Christine)
- Lea Michele (Glee)
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara)
- Tina Fey (30 Rock)
This is another category that typically goes to 30 Rock, but I’m still undecided on who I’d like to see win.
Supporting Actor in a Comedy
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family)
- Chris Colfer (Glee)
- John Cryer (Two and a Half Men)
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family)
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family)
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother)
I’d love to see either NPH or Chris Colfer win this. I’m so psyched that Kurt Hummel got nominated!
Supporting Actress in a Comedy
- Jane Lynch (Glee)
- Jane Krakowski (30 Rock)
- Kristen Wiig (Saturday Night Live)
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family)
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family)
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men)
I’d love to see either Jane Lynch or Kristen Wiig get this one.
Outstanding Drama Series
- True Blood
- Mad Men
- The Good Wife
- Breaking Bad
This is a tough one. I hear great things about Breaking Bad, and a lot of people love True Blood. I love what I’ve seen of Mad Men, but so far that’s just the first season. I’m rooting for Dexter because the most recent season had be flying through every emotion in the book, and the finale had me shaken up for days.
Lead Actor in a Drama
- John Hamm (Mad Men)
- Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights)
- Hugh Laurie (House)
- Michael C. Hall (Dexter)
- Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad)
- Matthew Fox (Lost)
This is a category that’s basically exploding with talent. I’m rooting for Hall, but they’re all deserving actors.
Lead Actress in a Drama
- January Jones (Mad Men)
- Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer)
- Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order: SVU)
- Glenn Close (Damages)
- Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife)
- Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights)
Unfortunately I don’t watch most of these shows, so I’m rooting for Betty Draper in this category.
Supporting Actor in a Drama
- John Slattery (Mad Men)
- Martin Short (Damages)
- Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad)
- Terry O’Quinn (Lost)
- Andre Braugher (Men of a Certain Age)
- Michael Emerson (Lost)
Supporting Actress in a Drama
- Christina Hendricks (Mad Men)
- Rose Byrne (Damages)
- Archie Panjabi (The Good Wife)
- Sharon Gless (Burn Notice)
- Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men)
- Christine Baranski (The Good Wife)
I’d love to see one of the Mad Men ladies get this one.
Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
- Ian McKellan (The Prisoner)
- Dennis Quaid (The Special Relationship)
- Jeff Bridges (A Dog Year)
- Al Pacino (You Don’t Know Jack)
- Michael Sheen (The Special Relationship)
Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
- Dame Judi Dench (Return to Cranford)
- Hope Davis (The Special Relationship)
- Claire Danes (Temple Grandin)
- Joan Allen (Georgia O’Keeffe)
- Maggie Smith (Capturing Mary)
Honestly, I haven’t seen any of these – have any of you seen them? Thoughts?
Outstanding Made for TV Movie
- Temple Grandin
- Georgia O’Keeffe
- The Special Relationship
- You Don’t Know Jack
- The Pacific
- Return to Crawford
It’s interesting that The Pacific didn’t get any acting nods. I haven’t seen it yet – anyone who watched it know why that might be?
Outstanding Reality Competition Program
- American Idol
- Dancing with the Stars
- The Amazing Race
- Project Runway
- Top Chef
Um, for reals? This past season of Survivor was one of the best seasons in the history of the show. It was one of the best reality TV seasons in the history of reality TV. What the hell? I’m disgusted.
Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series
- The Colbert Report
- The Daily Show
- The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien
- Saturday Night Live
- Real Time with Bill Maher
I wonder if Coco will get the pity vote?
In other categories, I’d love to see Mad Men win for costumes, I’d love to see either Mike O’Mally or Neil Patrick Harris win for a guest role on Glee, John Lithgow for his guest role on Dexter, and Betty White for SNL. I’ll post a full list of nominations with my “official” predictions in the coming weeks. What do you think about the nominations? Did your favorites get honored or snubbed?