Three males will appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today in relation to an investigation involving gunshots fired in North Preston yesterday morning.
Shortly after 1 a.m. yesterday, police responded to a complaint of numerous gunshots fired at a residence on Cain St., North Preston. No one was injured. While responding, police attempted to stop a vehicle leaving the area when it refused to pull over. Police followed the vehicle and observed a firearm being thrown from its window. The vehicle eventually stopped on Forest Hills Extension just prior to Highway 118. The three male occupants were taken into custody without incident. Two firearms were later located on the side of the road.
Twenty-one year old Markel Jason Downey of Cole Harbour, 20 year-old Shiquawn Marcel Upshaw-Paris, of Halifax and 20 year-old Keauno Remello Fraser of North Preston have been charged with the following:
· Careless Use of a Firearm
· Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose x 2
· Carrying a Concealed Weapon x 2
· Possession of a Firearm knowing it is Unauthorized x 2
· Unauthorized Possession in a Motor Vehicle x 2
· Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
· Possession of a weapon obtained by Commission of Offence
· Fail to Comply with Recognizance x 2
· Possession of Weapons Contrary to Order x 2
The investigation continues and is being led by the General Investigation Section of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division.
Source: Media Release