With even more participants expected to make their way to the Chase the Ace draw this weekend, Inverness District RCMP is reminding motorists to exercise patience and caution when it comes to traffic and parking.
Beginning Friday, Inverness District RCMP expect large volumes of motorists and pedestrians to be moving through the town of Inverness for the Chase the Ace draw. In order to keep traffic running smoothly, the RCMP would like to highlight the following information:
– The Inverness Raceway and Broad Cove concert grounds provide the most amount of parking spaces available.
– Motorists must respect no parking areas, as vehicles will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
– If you are parking on the side of a road, you must ensure that the travel lanes have at least three metres of clearance in either direction. This will ensure that police and emergency vehicles can access all areas without difficulty.
– Expect traffic slow downs on the Cabot Trail, Highway 105 and Highway 19.
– Pay attention to the RCMP members directing traffic, and obey their instructions at all times.
– Give yourself plenty of time to both get to the event and leave it. If you do not need to leave immediately, wait while traffic exits the town.
– Carpooling is encouraged.
Finally, the Inverness District RCMP reminds all citizens that consuming alcohol in public, non-licensed areas is an offence and can result in a $463.95 fine. These offences, as well as incidents of impaired driving, will be strictly enforced.