Halifax Regional Police has charged three people in relation to the seizure of a firearm in Halifax.
On November 10, at approximately 7:30 p.m., officers stopped a vehicle that was operating dangerously in the area of Dunbrack Street and Lacewood Drive. The driver and two passengers were arrested and a loaded firearm and ammunition was seized.
Michael Rene Kelley, 30, is scheduled to appear in Halifax provincial court today, a 39-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman will appear at a later date, to face charges of:
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition obtained by crime
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a firearm in vehicle
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon with ammunition (x2)
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to public peace (x2)
- Transporting a firearm or restricted weapon contrary to the regulations
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
Kelley is also facing one count of dangerous operation of a conveyance and operating a conveyance contrary to a court order.