Two new cases of COVID-19 are being reported in Nova Scotia today, March 7.
The two cases are in Central Zone. One is related to travel outside Atlantic Canada. The person is self-isolating, as required. The other case is a close contact of a previously reported case.
“Seeing a low number of cases today is encouraging. I want to thank everyone for doing their part to remain vigilant,” said Premier Iain Rankin. “Let’s keep up our efforts and continue to follow the public health measures- wear a mask, wash your hands, keep physical distance, stay home if you are feeling unwell, self-isolate when required and get tested regularly.”
As of today, Nova Scotia has 29 active cases of COVID-19.
Nova Scotia Health Authority’s labs completed 3,685 Nova Scotia tests on March 6.
Since Oct. 1, Nova Scotia has completed 247,189 tests. There have been 570 positive COVID-19 cases and no deaths. Two people are currently in hospital. Of those, one is in ICU. Cases range in age from under 10 to over 80. There are 541 resolved cases. Cumulative cases may change as data is updated in Panorama.
“We know how easily COVID-19 can spread if we let our guard down,” said Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia’s chief medical officer of health. “It is up to all of us to follow the public health protocols to make sure we limit the spread of the virus.”