Police have charged two people with firearms and drug trafficking offences in relation to an incident in Halifax last week.
At approximately 10:25 p.m. on October 6, officers stopped a vehicle in the area of Avon Crecent in Halifax. Officers arrested the driver, who had provided false information, and seized a quantity of crack cocaine along with a loaded firearm. The passenger of the vehicle was also arrested.
Sheldon Michael Bennett, 24, and Brianna Lee Weir, 19, are scheduled to appear in in Halifax provincial court today to face charges of:
- Possession of a firearm obtained by crime
- Possession of a loaded firearm
- Possession of a firearm in a vehicle
- Possession of a prohibited weapon or ammunition without a license
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Possession of prohibited weapon
- Unauthorized possession of firearm
- Carrying concealed weapon
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Store firearm or restricted weapon contrary to regulations
- Unsafe storage of firearm
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking