“I find focus in the darkest of days,and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.”-Dalai Lama So hard to do but so necessary.
Definition of hope:
1. A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
2. The feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best
3. To desire with expectation of obtainment
4. Desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment
5. The feeling of wanting something to happen and thinking that it could happen
6 A feeling that something good will happen or be true
Hope….. what a wonderful thing…
Can you effect the outcome in anyway? No? Then do not hope, it will only take away from you. Stop thinking about it and move forward.
Can actions you take turn the tide toward you? Yes? Then hope and act! Mixing focus with positive emotion can create positive action and change.
Not everything is within our control and not every hoped for outcome is a possibility but we should always hope for brighter futures, no matter how unlikely, as long as there is a CHANCE. Be realistic, know what can or can’t be. Some situations cannot be shifted but if there is a chance they could be….direct your focus, energy and emotions towards your desire and you will be motivated to take action. Action is what will get you there. Hope is the tool we use to motivate ourselves. Action is the magic wand.
“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.