In a crucial safety move, Simplay3 has issued a sweeping recall of its popular Toddler Towers, citing significant fall and injury hazards. The company is urging consumers who own these products to cease usage immediately and follow the outlined steps below to protect their families. This recall, which affects thousands of units sold in both the United States and Canada, comes in response to multiple reports of the towers tipping over, resulting in injuries to young children.
- Product Name: Simplay3 Toddler Towers
- Model Numbers & Color Variations:
- 41807-01 (Espresso)
- 41807-02 (Gray)
- 41807-03 (White)
- Product Dimensions: 34” x 17.5” x 16”
- “Simplay3” printed on the tower base and upper railing.
- Model number printed on the tower base.
- Hazards: Fall and injury risks due to tower tipping over.
- Incident Reports:
- Canada: 1 tip-over report, 2 injury reports.
- USA: 15 tip-over reports, 8 injury reports.
Recommended Action: Consumers should stop using the recalled towers. Contact Simplay3 for a free set of stabilizing bases to attach to the tower.
- Phone: 866-855-0100 (Available 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET, Mon-Fri)
- Online: Simplay3 Safety and Recall Information
Click on “Recall Information” on the homepage for more details.
- Sold in: Canada and USA.
- Number Sold:
- Canada: ~4,600 units
- USA: ~108,450 units
- Sale Period: November 2018 to June 2023.
- Origin: Manufactured in the USA.
- Joint recall with Health Canada, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, and The Simplay3 Company.
- Canada’s safety regulations prohibit the redistribution, sale, or giveaway of recalled products.
- Consumers are urged to report any incidents related to this product by completing the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
- This recall is also posted on the OECD Global Portal on Product Recalls. Check the portal for other international consumer product recalls.
- Published By: Health Canada
- Alert Type: Consumer product recall
- Category: Consumer products – Household items
- Audience: General public, Children, Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Manufacturer: The Simplay3 Company, Streetsboro, Ohio, USA
- Identification Number: RA-74144
- Original Published Date: 2023-08-17