I have loyal to my sunscreens – Vichy’s Capital Soleil Bare Skin Feel lotion SPF60 for the face and Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration SPF50 for the body, but I found the new generation of sunscreen this year!
That might be a little dramatic, but hear me out.
This is Vichy Captial Soleil Invisible Mist SPF30 (Mexoryl XL), sent to me for review.
With the given awesome formula of Vichy Capital Soleil line (mentioned in the post linked above), Invisible Mist is on a new level of cool:
– Spray formula offers light texture (the smallest droplets Vichy has ever used), easy application and fast dry time
– Dry finish with hydrating formula, leaving no residue but a flattering light sheen on the skin
– Refreshing scent (similar to Vichy Neovadiol Magistral Elixir), no yucky sunscreen smell
– Broad spectrum, alcohol and paraben free, suitable for sensitive skin
– Water resistant, great for everyday use and the beach.
Equally important is the gorgeous orange packaging, with a sturdy pump that sprays continuously.
Now the logistics: A SPF30 product blocks 97% of UVB rays, only 1% and 1.3% less than a SPF45 and SPF60 product respectively, so you are still covered following the instruction.
We all know the ideal amount for sunscreen lotion (1oz or the size of a shot glass, on average). Now with a spray, Vichy recommends shake before use, spray and spread in circular motions in 1 area before moving on to the next:
– 3 seconds on each arm
– 4 seconds each for the front and back, and
– 7 seconds on each leg.
When you think about it, that’s quite an amount of time to spray any area really. Good to have a standard to remind myself of.
Here is the spray when it first comes out, and then spread out.
Active ingredients: Homosalate 15%, Octocrylene 7%, Octisalate 5%, Avobenzone 3%, Drometrizone Trisyloxane (Mexoryl XL) 2%.
Other ingredients: Butane, Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Nylon 12, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, etc.
I won’t be without this sunscreen this summer, I can tell you already. Give it a test when you see the tester in stores, you might experience love at first sight Available now, $29.95 for 155g.