1. The ‘buy local’ event of the year is back! With nearly 500 unique exhibitors from across Atlantic Canada, Saltscapes Expo 2016 is the ultimate place to eat, drink, and shop local. The whole family will enjoy great food samples, retail vendors, seminars and more!
2. The Spatz Arts Academy is offering a free “mini-camp” class this weekend for tweens and teens. It’s meant to give kids a glimpse into a day at their Arts Camps coming up this summer!
3. Head to the Halifax North Public Library to Draw With Doretta! She’s the author and illustrator of the whimsical and inspiring book, I’m Drawing a Picture and you can join her for a fun and interactive reading and art workshop!
4. It’s Try Baseball Day – a free event hosted by Dartmouth District Minor Baseball where kids can get introduced to the game. Experienced coaches will teach kids aspects of the game, meet with parents and help with glove and bat sizing.
5. Come travel down the rabbit hole for some madcap adventures as Unicorn Theatre performs Alice in Wonderland Jr. With a delightful young cast and updated songs this fast-paced take on a classic tale will be a hit with young and old alike!
6. The Bay Chorale invites you to Songs of Welcome – a special concert series to welcome our new neighbours from Syria. The concert will feature music that reflects our various cultures, with themes of welcome, peace and hope!
Did you know that Urban Parent is for sale? We’re moving on and need to pass the diaper bag along to some fresh new faces who love family time and exploring the city as much as we do! If you or someone you know is interested, drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
You might also like...
We’ve got a spring symphony, babies, music and babies (we’ve got a special on babies!), and an outdoor adventures for tots. Really, this...
All over Halifax and throughout Nova Scotia, there is nothing to do…April Fools! We have a ton of silly and fun delights for the whole family to...