1. SANDJAM Halifax 2013 presents the Legends Cup and Canada Cup featuring professional athletes from around the world at our waterfront stadium. the Canada Cup (Aug 15-18), a beach volleyball tournament with top professional teams from Canada, USA, Germany and Great Britain competing.
With both daytime and nighttime games under temporary lights, there is something for everyone at SANDJAM Halifax.
2. Clam Harbour Beach is a long, beautiful white sand beach within the Halifax Regional Municipality. For the past 34 years, the Clam Harbour Beach Sandcastle Competition has attracted hundreds of contestants and thousands of spectators. It is a sight to behold!
3. On Sunday Aug 18th, head to the Halifax Seaport Market for their Sausage Festival IncrEDIBLE picnic!! From 10am-3pm come enjoy a taste experience like no other. Sausages galore!
4. Join Parks Canada and the Halifax Citadel for Fab Forts on Saturday! The Halifax Citadel was built to protect a city, a culture, and a way of life. Rediscover the reason why the Halifax Citadel is so fabulous! Highlighting the Citadel and Halifax’s connection to the war of 1812. Special activities planned for the entire family to enjoy throughout the day.
5. Cricket??? Not the insect…but the game! Come join Nova Scotia Cricket Association & Jay Vyas on Saturday for BBQ , Games and whole lot of Fun! Games from 12-6 & BBQ from 2-5 pm. There will be a demo area for everyone to learn and play the game.