1. Join in for a weekend of dog friendly fun with the Halifax Kennel All Breed Dog Show! Meet HRM’s police dogs and view the protective vests purchased by Halifax Kennel Club to assist in keeping their canine partners safe.
There will be All Breed Conformation Shows*, Obedience Trials, Rally-O Trials, “Meet the Breeds”, National Breed Specialty Shows including Golden Retriever, Chinese Crested, Shih Tzu and Havanese and a Vendors Avenue!
2. The Brown Bear Festival is a full evening over three hours of musical entertainment for the entire family, featuring 20 musicians and special guests.This magnificent showcase; with celebrity host Heidi Petracek, co-host of CTV Morning Live, will include traditional Nova Scotian Celtic along with Bluegrass, Folk, Rock, Country and Blues.
3. Have you ever wanted to milk a cow or help in blacksmithing? This weekend at Ross Farm is your chance, with Family Participation Days! Bring the whole family down and try your hand at the skills that your fore fathers took for granted as just part of their everyday lives. It’s your chance to step back in time and do some everyday hands on work. Different activities will be scheduled each day such as wood punching, quill pen writing, taffy pulling, candle dipping , cow milking, and blacksmithing. Join in the fun and you will receive a Participant Certificate!
4. We’re running out of weekends to check out the Public Gardens Summer Concert Series. All concerts will take place at the Bandstand from 2-4pm. Stop by and enjoy the flowers, the music, and perhaps even some dancing or an ice cream. This Sunday features Shirley Jackson & the Sidecats!
5. The Fringe Festival is on! It’s the largest theatre festival in Atlantic Canada and a great way to experience theatre in your city! Lots of family-friendly options to choose from!