1. Dust off your skates and sharpen the blades because weather permitting, they plan to open the Emera Oval this weekend! What a great way to get out and enjoy the cold weather we’re having!
Quinpool Road will be hopping when the big guy in red comes for a walk down the street, it’s Santa on Quinpool! With free candy canes for the kids and Q-pons for the adults it’s an event you won’t want to miss. He’ll be at Cherry Berry Self-Serve Yogurt Bar from 2-4pm as well!
3. Get your carol on! Join the Bedford community around the Christmas tree in Dewolfe Park at 6:30 on Sunday for an old-fashioned community carol sing. CPA music director, Nathan Beeler, will lead gatherers through the songbook.
4. On Saturday from 11am-4pm head to the Pet Valu in Sackville to get your pet’s picture taken with Santa in support of Cool Dog Rescue. Visit some adoptable dogs and chat with volunteers. Great sales and activities too!
5. Both local ski hills have made enough snow to open this weekend! So grab your little snowboarders and skiers and head on out!
6. Christmas shopping camp! Need some time in the stores without your kids? Drop the kids off for Ninjago Games Galore! It’s an exciting afternoon of motorized model builds, LEGO-based games and challenges, group builds and self-directed free creation time! This location is only 10 minutes away from the Micmac Mall and Dartmouth Crossing! This action packed camp explores all things Ninja! We will learn about, create and play Ninjago characters, use standard bricks to construct arenas and dojo’s, and incorporate motorized models including launching spinners and Dragon Boat rides! A small take home will add to the fun! Saturday from 1-4pm.