Light the tree, head to Ross Farm, and spend some time at Alderney Landing—there’s so much fun happening everything this weekend is themed (you guessed it) with red and green and has a little wreath on it
Let us present… Urban Parent’s Ultimate Holiday Weekend!
1. Classic ballet, the Nutcracker is playing at the Alderney Landing Theatre. Showtimes Friday 7:30, Saturday 2 & 7:30, and Sunday at 2—but if you go on Friday, you can still make it to all the other things on this list! Admission is $18, 12yrs and under $13.
2. Bring a candle, Saturday at 4:30pm, and join us at Sullivan’s Pond for the TD Dartmouth Christmas Tree Lighting. Afterwards, stroll over to Alderney Landing’s Christkindlmarket, a Traditional German Market, one of our favourite holiday traditions!
3. If their eyes are still open, let your little lumberjack dream about Christmas Tree chopping! World champion logroller, Darren Hudson and his Lumberjack AXEperience 8pm Saturday at Alderney Landing. Other showtimes Friday 8pm and Sunday at 2pm.
4. Sunday morning, wake up early, and head to the Ross Farm for Christmas in the Country. Enjoy olden day food & crafts, and if it’s snowing, there will be horse drawn sleigh rides! A craft fair will be held in the Learning Centre from 10-3. The farm is open 9-5, admission is $8, kids are $3 and under 6 are free, insider’s tip… it’s FREE ADMISSION between 9:30 and 11!
On the way back: Pick up your Christmas tree! There are plenty of U-pics on the way. Let the kids decorate the Christmas tree this year! Spread out the decorations, and warm up the hot chocolate. Enjoy some family time, and turn up the jingle tunes with a holiday decorating dance party and when you are done that….
5. Don’t Forget, Sunday evening: be at Freeman’s Fairview for 5:30 to light the tree with Urban Parent! That’s right, we will be there with FREE sandwiches, sweets, and hot drinks & treat for the kids.
You might also like...
We’ve got a spring symphony, babies, music and babies (we’ve got a special on babies!), and an outdoor adventures for tots. Really, this...