1. Join Cineplex on Saturday morning at 11am for Cineplex Family Favourites. This week you can watch Polar Express 3D for only $2.99! A portion of the proceeds goes towards supporting Free The Children. It’s a fun and affordable way to enjoy the weekend with your family!
2. As the holiday season begins, The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is holding their annual tradition of family craft making with Christmas at Sea family fun day! So take a break from the hustle and bustle, join them for festive snacks in the main foyer, and make Maritime ornaments and craft with them!
3. It’s time for everyone’s favourite traditional German market. Head to Alderney Landing this weekend for Christkindlmarket, where you can enjoy family entertainment, carousel rides, the maritime marionettes, school bands and more.
4. Back by popular demand, the Halifax Jazz Festival presents “Tales of A Charlie Brown Christmas”. Come experience the magic of the holiday season with timeless music that will warm your heart.
5. This weekend one of the coolest craft markets in the city is taking place – check out the Halifax Crafters Winter Market for lots of neat products from over 80 local artisans.
6. It’s time to light the tree up in Dartmouth! Enjoy a free ride on the Kiwanis Santa Claus Express Train, Visit with the municipal Fire Truck, see local mascots HRP Blue and the Holiday Penguin, Visit the Sobeys holiday hospitality tent for free samples and enjoy some fireworks to wrap it all up!