1. It’s the 23rd annual Sheffield Mills Eagle Watch in the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia! Hundreds of Bald Eagles come to the area each year, and the community hosts this event to share these spectacular birds with anyone who is interested.
You will improve your chance of a great viewing experience if you visit the designated viewing site in the morning. While you’re here be sure to visit our Community Centre for a delicious pancake and sausage breakfast, great music and Eagle related exhibits!
2. A puppet show to kick off African Heritage Month! This is a beautifully evocative tale of childhood in an African tribal setting. Through vivid color paintings and a well-paced narrative, Grifalconi relates the tale of Osa, an adventurous girl plagued by an excessive fear of the dark. One day, Osa discovers the house of the Wise Womana healer with the power to explain dreams. When the Wise Woman remarks on Osa’s brave climb to the top of a high ladder, Osa confesses, “I’m not so brave . . .not at night!”
3. A special appreciation weekend at the market with giveaway and special promotions from many vendors, all to show appreciation to you!!! They are excited to announce they will be giving away gift cards to the Discovery Centre, CUT Steakhouse & The Grill at CUT, Waterfront Warehouse, ONYX Dining, Bistro Le Coq, The Stubborn Goat Gastropub, Saege Bistro and more!
4. The Discovery Centre will be featuring a special Rubik’s Cube workshop at the Discovery Centre Saturday from 1:30-3:30 PM. Whether you’re a beginner or pro, drop in and learn the tricks of the trade from a master cuber and figure out how to solve one of the world’s favourite puzzles in record tine. There’s also chances to win your very own cube!
5. Kung Hei Fat Choy! Happy Chinese New Year! Here are some fun activities and colouring pages to help explain and celebrate the lunar new year with your family!