1. The ever-festive Halifax Public Libraries have free Valentine’s Day activities all over the municipality this weekend! If “Love is All You Need” try this celebration for littles under 5 in Lacewood on Saturday at 10:30, kids of any age can drop in and craft in Woodlawn any time between 10 and 5, and in Hubbards, they’re setting up a decorating station from 1-2. If you’re in Sackville, there’s a puppet show for you lovers: Here Comes Valentine Cat! on Friday at 10:30 and downtown, there’s Music to Warm the Heart with the conservatory on Sunday from 2-3.
2. What better way to share the love than dancing the evening away with the entire family! Sometimes babysitters are hard to come by on these sorts of holidays, and if you can’t find one, who really cares anyways? Might as well spend the evening with all of your true loves. Through the Years Daycare and Community Centre is hosting a semi-formal Family Valentine’s Day Dance in Hubbards from 6-8:30 featuring the bodacious tunes DJ Chrissy. Admission is $10 per family. And in Sackville at Acadia Hall, Autism Nova Scotia is throwing a Kids Valentines Dance from 6-8.
3. Hands-On Halifax is celebrating Valentine’s Day! On Monday, from 5-9 their workshop on 6070 Almon Street is open to adults and children for making crafts and Valentines and Valentine crafts. The event is by donation and there is no need to RSVP.
4. Surprise the kids on Feb 14th with a Heart Shaped PIZZA delivered to your door!
Consider it the perfect Valentine for your busy family. Email catering@FreemansPizza.ca to order! The cupids at Freeman’s will even write a personalized love message on the box to make the kids giggle.
5. Finally, for something not Valentine’s Day-related but something the whole family will love, let us remind you that the Discovery Centre is re-opening its doors in its brand new state-of-the-art location on Lower Water Street! The new centre is over twice the size of the old location with innovative exhibits that will make everyone fall in love with science. Members can get a preview on Saturday from 10-5, and the Grand Opening is on Sunday from 10-5, adults pay $12 and a family of 4 is $40.