1. It’s the opening ceremonies tonight! We’re pinning lots of great ideas for games, treats and activities to keep the Olympic fun going as you cheer your favourites on!
2. On Saturday the angels of hope Canadian Cancer Society Relay for Life team will be hosting a fundraiser at Hatfield farms, the Angel Sleigh Ride.
You will get a sleigh ride into the lodge where there will be tea, coffee, got chocolate, pop, chips and hotdogs served. All proceeds will go towards the Relay for Life.
3. Head to the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic on Saturday where you can join museum interpreter Jason Climie for a Valentine’s Day knot workshop, where participants will learn how to tie a rose knot pin!
4. It’s Family Sunday at the Art Gallery! This Family Sunday is inspired by the exhibition Shifting Ground which highlights Aboriginal art works from the Permanent Collection.
5. It’s a special pop-up craft fair by the Halifax Crafters. They’ve got a great line-up of Crafters coming your way on Saturday at Two if By Sea in Dartmouth! There will be coffee, buttery croissants, and handmade goods to warm all hearts!
6. It’s the Halifax Kennel Club Dog Show! Come “Meet the Breeds”, see educational displays, browse vendor alley (with various doggy vendors), To encourage responsible dog ownership, see some of Canada’s top dogs (over 70 Different Breeds). It is the largest dog show east of Montreal!