1. Come to the Maritime Museum to work with the Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) for a LEGO robotics demonstration and learn what make these little marvels go! Enthusiasts will be invited to discover more about the F.I.R.S.T.
LEGO League competitions here in Nova Scotia and test their programming skills on some of the actual challenges facing teams in this year’s theme, Nature’s Fury ! This great activity is recommended for those ages 9 and up.
2. It’s the all new RV Expo and Show! There will be a large selection of Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels & more for you to browse. There will also be campground reps on site along with food vendors! The Civic Center at The Halifax Forum is a fantastic venue to show off all New Travel trailers, Fifth Wheels & Motorhomes! We look forward to seeing you there! This is a Free Admission event Hosted by Pine Acres RV Stewiacke Limited with donations accepted for the IWK who have partnered with them for this event.
3. It’s Toboggan Making weekend at Ross Farm! Head down the South shore all weekend to check it out. In the farm workshop one of their staff will be demonstrating how to make a wooden toboggan. Bring your own to use on their great sledding hill and have a horse-drawn sleigh ride and check out the other great exhibits.
4. Meet Bell Aliant in Halifax’s Grand Parade to #ShineALight on mental health. Watch as they transform City Hall into a canvas for a spectacular 3D light show set to music and featuring a custom soundtrack. Join host Seamus O’Regan and special guests. Oh, did we mention FREE BeaverTails and hot chocolate? Bring your friends and family and be part of the excitement on Saturday evening from 5:30 to 6:30.
5. It’s the kick off to Family Literacy Week! Celebrate it with stories, songs, rhymes and games. Then make a craft to take home!