There’s something for everybody this weekend to suit any budget. Inside or out, in HRM or outside of the city, there is something for all.
1. Check out what The Links at Brunello have in store when the golf course is covered in snow! They have skating, sledding, hockey, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing. All of this is, of course, weather dependent, so you really ought to call the Golf Shop for daily updates: 902-876-7649. You can take the littles sledding or to play hockey any time, but all other activities are dependent on Golf Shop hours: Monday-Friday 9-5 & Saturday-Sunday 10-6. Skating at Brunello is free of charge! The clubhouse ice surface is skating only. Hockey is offered at Hole #4, conditions permitting. Snow shoes are available to rent while quantities last, $5+tax for under 2 hours and $10+tax for 2-4 hours. The snow-covered links are at 120 Brunello Boulevard in Timberlea.
2. Check out that Milk Carton Igloo they were talking about on CBC’s Maritime Noon at the Hantsport Winter Carnival! This year they’re using over 600 different coloured bricks!! There are tons of free activities to take part in as well. On Saturday there’s the judging of the Snow Sculpture Competition from 9-10, a Scavenger Hunt at 2-4, a Bonfire starting at 6, and Fireworks at 7. All this cool stuff goes down at Hantsport Memorial Community Centre Grounds.
3. If you’re going out to the Windsor side of the Valley, you might want to pair this trip with an evening or matinee showing of a modern classic musical! Quick as a Wink Theatre at the Kings-Edghill Fountain Performing Arts Centre presents Grease. The show opens Friday at 7:00pm, there’s another evening performance Saturday and matinees Saturday and Sunday at 2. Introduce a third generation to this 1950s rollicking musical!
4. How about Date Night? Has it been awhile because you’re afraid your kids will get jealous? Send them with Party Patrol to the movies. Party Patrol will have you covered for 3 hours from 6-9 at the Cineplex in Sackville, they’ll chaperone the kids, provide a snack, games, and other activities. It’s $25 and includes the movie and popcorn.
5. Celebrate Family Literacy with Princesses, Belle and Tiana, a giveaway of 2000 brand new Disney books, children’s book readings, and more at the Dartmouth North Community Centre for Family Literacy Day from 12-4. This free event is brought to you by Literacy Nova Scotia, an organization making positive differences in the lives of young and old.
*If you’re one of those who prefer to look at things in a straightforward list and you find the Urban Parent events calendar in the month format bugs your eyes, try shrinking your web browser to a little smaller than half its size.
You might also like...
We’ve got a spring symphony, babies, music and babies (we’ve got a special on babies!), and an outdoor adventures for tots. Really, this...
All over Halifax and throughout Nova Scotia, there is nothing to do…April Fools! We have a ton of silly and fun delights for the whole family to...